Experience you depend on. Results you can trust.
Over 20 years, Myriad has conducted over a million tests for hereditary cancer. Myriad is the unquestioned industry leader in variant classification and reclassification. myVision® is the most advanced program in the industry overseeing the classification and reclassification of uncertain variants and is part of Myriad’s commitment to patients and their families that lasts a lifetime.
Variation in human genes is enormous, with new genetic changes discovered every day. That’s why variants of uncertain significance (VUS) are expected in genetic testing. For a patient who undergoes genetic testing, a VUS result can be confusing; for healthcare providers, counseling these patients can be a challenge:
- A VUS result raises questions yet offers no clear answers for patients, families, or healthcare providers
- Positive results trigger cancer risk management plans
- Negative results help avoid unnecessary screenings and surgery
Myriad Genetic Laboratories is the unquestioned industry leader in variant classification and reclassification. Over the past 20 years, Myriad has conducted over a million genetic tests for hereditary cancer. The resulting analysis and interpretation of the variant database support the Myriad commitment to reduce VUS in genetic test results and ensure:
- Accurate, clinically significant results from every Myriad test performed
- Reduced uncertainty for patients and families
- Confidence for providers counseling their patients